Thursday, June 12, 2014

Girl Power at it's finest...true friendship!

Ok, so I just finished reading another blog about being a "lonely mommy," and it really made me reflect on my current stage as a stay-at-home mom and 1st year (soon to be 2nd year...woohoo!!!) wife of a med student.  This may just be me rambling on about things, so please excuse me while I brag/vent a little...

In the post I just finished reading, I found myself agreeing with certain parts about how lonely it can be while staying home and being a mother to your kids, in the sense that you don't get very much time to have adult conversation or you feel like you can't really nurture the friendships you had before you became a mom.  While this may be the case for some of my friendships where my friends are at different stages in their lives, I hope to try and do better.  I'm sorry if I'm not always a reliable friend, or I don't always pick up the phone to chat when you call or forget to text back right away.  Things get a little crazy when you have kids and those that are already parents completely understand where I am coming from in that sense!  But again, let me apologize to my friends that may feel a little neglected at times because of my slackness at continuing to nurture our friendship like it needs to be.  I love you all, and I promise to try and do better!  

But to my other mommy/VCOM friends...this is for you...

I don't know what I would do without you ladies!!!!!!  I could stop here and it would be enough!  You know what I mean by saying that, and I love that it needs no explanation!  But I am feeling the need to "count my blessings and name them one by one".... so here is just a little taste of my appreciation for these ladies...

I love that I can call/text any of you at anytime with just a simple "hey" or "what r u up to?" and instantly carry on a conversation but it can last throughout the day!  It's ok that there are large gaps of time between questions and answers because we all understand that sometimes life is full of constant chaos when you have kids and you forget to text back or lets be real... something crazy just happened and you are probably cleaning it up or trying to play peace keeper between your children!  

I love that I can always find a friend willing to go to the park, zoo, library, etc. at the last minute just to get out of the house so we can have adult conversation!  Or even come over for a spontaneous play date because we want to let our kids be crazy together!  One of my favorite things to do is sit on my back porch, fill up the kiddie pool, turn on Pandora, pull up my capri workout pants (or maybe even throw a swim suit on) and try to get some sun while eating popsicles and putting my feet in the water of the FREEZING pool!  How redneck does this sound, but I'll tell you one thing... we MOMMIES LOVE IT!!!!!!!  

I love that I can drop my kids of with one of these ladies in order to run a quick errand or go to the doctor without having to torture my kids by sitting through ridiculous waits just for a checkup.  Or when I need to take just one child to the doctor, I can rest assure the other child is in good hands and much happier playing with a friend!

I love that I can text one of you ladies in the middle of a show and it feels like we are watching it together!  It sounds silly, but it's so nice to feel like you aren't really alone watching tv!  Let's face it, most of our husbands are either at school studying or completely zoned out studying at home.  

I love that we can plan a girls night and all we do is go out to eat but sit at the restaurant for like 4 hours just chatting and it feels like the most refreshing thing we have ever done!

I love that you all understand my love of all things related to FOOD... especially sweets!  And to counter balance my love for food... I love that I can usually find at least one of you willing to take a Zumba class or go running with me!  Y'all inspire me!!!  

I love that I can randomly text y'all and we decide to go to Target, the mall, or Costco and make an adventure out of it....or better yet... IKEA!!!  For those privileged few that have experienced going to IKEA with me... BLESS YOU!  Every time I have gone with my kids, it somehow turns into a nightmare, but y'all have stuck by my side and endured the craziness that is my life and still say you enjoyed our time together!  I love you all for being able to deal with my disaster!  You should earn a medal for your patience!  

I love planning baby showers and parties with you girls!  

I love that y'all don't mind that I'm usually 5-10...sometimes 15 minutes late!  And most likely, you are running late too!  It's not the end of the world, and we are totally fine with our lack of punctuality!  

I love knowing that our husbands are GOOD guys and would never do anything to harm our marriages or families!  We struck gold when we found these guys!  

I love that I can be myself around y'all and I never feel judged!  I am by no means a perfect mother, but I try really hard to do my best.  Some days are better than others!  It's so comforting knowing that I don't have to try to fake it to make it!  

I love that you love my kids like your own!  It makes my heart happy to know that my kids feel safe and comfortable around you and ask when they will see each of you again!

I love the support we have for each other and the understanding that we are not alone in this journey, whether it be VCOM or motherhood in general!  I love knowing that I have you all to lean on and that you know I am there for you too!  Most of all, I love knowing that I am not LONELY!  While there are times I feel lonely in the wife sense, I know it's just temporary and it will be worth it in the end.  And when there are days when I just want to vent about how much I wish my husband would just spend time with me instead of staying at school all day, y'all are there to fill my day full of activities or just simply say... "YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  I feel the same way!  ME TOO, GIRL!"  I know I will have you girls to keep me company... even if it's just through texts and phone calls!  I am so thankful for the friendships I have made here!  I love feeling so loved! :)  I may not have a ton of friends, but the friends I have made are AWESOME!  I am thankful for each and every one of these fine ladies and the many more that I will continue to get to know and develop friendships with in the future! 

I love you girls and the power and strength I gain from each of you!

Sorry for the rambling but I felt it needed to be shared!  I am truly blessed!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Love you and your family so much! We are so thankful for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure that was a shout out to me :) Haha. Girl I love you and thanks for being my BFF, even if I don't know a think about being a mommy! You make me happy and so do your children. I'm blessed that one day when I am a mommy I will have you to lean on for support, wisdom, prayers & encouragement. Love you lots & lots. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete