Heber J started his 2nd year of med school at the end of July, and he has been doing really well this year! He only has like 2 weeks left of actual class and then it's board prep until BOARDS this June!!! Eek!!! I can't believe we are half-way through this part of the med school journey!!! In other news, most of you already know, but Heber J was placed at Spartanburg Regional Medical Center for his next two years of clinical rotations, so we get to stay in Spartanburg!!! Woohoo!! Another update on Heber J is that he was rushed to the ER last night because he was experiencing TERRIBLE stomach pain! I have seriously NEVER seen him in so much pain! He has his first kidney stone! Luckily he is doing much better today after seeing the urologist, but he isn't in the clear just yet! Please keep him in your prayers!!!
Watson turned 4 last month!!!! When did THAT happen?! We celebrated TMNT style, and let me tell you... it was epic! He is totally obsessed with TMNT, and his party turned out absolutely perfect!! We also started Watson in 1/2 day Montessori preschool. He LOVES it!!! He is already learning so much!His teachers are Ms. Garrett and Mrs. Burnett! I love hearing about all he has learned when I pick him up each day! He is working hard on writing his name!
Eliza just turned 2 on Wednesday! I can't believe how big she is getting! When we first moved to Spartanburg, she was just a little over 3 months old! Time has FLOWN by with our sweet 2nd child! She is TOTALLY obsessed with babies right now! She was given a 2nd baby doll for her birthday from one of our dear friend's and now it feels like we have another child added into the mix!! Seriously, Baby Ellie (her first REAL baby doll) and Baby Jenna (new baby) are her pride and JOY! She loves to take care of her babies! She pushes them in the stroller (another new bday present we gave E), feed her babies (they eat WHATEVER E has on her plate), rock them, and lays them down for naps/bedtime (YES, babies sleep with her)! I love how nurturing and caring she is with them! I hope that she has learned this from me, and if so, I must be doing something right! ;)
Now, for an update on myself...
Well, I survived Heber J's first year of medical student and I can ALMOST say I've survived the 2nd year! There's only a week left of classes, but then we have board prep until the end of June, so we are getting CLOSE to being done with the hard part, and on to the FUN part! Like I mentioned previously, he will start his clinical rotations at Spartanburg Regional in July! He just got his rotation schedule, and we are excited for what is to come!
During this 2nd year of med school, I decided I needed to take some time for ME! Mid August I had an emotional breakdown and pity party for myself. I felt like I had lost control of my body with my weight, and I was tired of making excuses for myself. I have ALWAYS loved food, and I am an emotional eater! Since having my two children, I let myself go. Because of this, I came to the conclusion that EVERYONE in my family was suffering! I would lash out at Heber J because of how insecure I felt about my body and my role as a wife! My patience was pretty much non-existent with my children, and I wasn't setting a healthy example for my children with my terrible eating habits and LACK of exercise routine! I was suffering as a mom, wife, and woman! I needed to DO something to fix this rut I was in, and I needed to figure it out QUICK!
I reached out to a friend that I went to Clemson with, because she had recently been posting all of these incredible transformation pics on FB! I asked her for her help because I felt like whatever she had done was REAL! It wasn't a gimmick and I KNEW her! I knew her BEFORE she started her fitness journey (and let me just mention that she was absolutely beautiful BEFORE she started working out). She quickly responded with some tips and tricks to try and mentioned a program called Tone It Up. She urged me to take progress pics so that I could actually SEE the results even if the numbers on the scale weren't changing much. Fast forward almost 7 months, and I have lost a total of 55 lbs!!! I feel like a BRAND NEW WOMAN! I have so much more energy, patience, and self confidence it's ridiculous! Tone It Up is absolutely amazing, and if you haven't heard of it and want to change your life, LOOK IT UP! It's no JOKE! It's not a QUICK FIX, or a magic pill! It is a lifestyle of eating LEAN, CLEAN, & GREEN as well as incorporating daily cardio and toning exercises! I am usually done with my workouts within 45 minutes, and that's it! I eat when I want to eat, and I eat REAL FOOD! I am not starving! I don't eat all the JUNK I was eating before, but if I want to treat myself to something "not so clean" I do! And I don't feel bad about it! I have worked so hard to get where I am now and I refuse to go back to the old Carrie that was overweight and unhappy! I am truly excited and in love with my new lifestyle and I love sharing tips with others!!!
Another new adventure for me has been starting my new business as an Independent Consultant for Jamberry! If you haven't heard of Jamberry then check out my website... carriesberrys08.jamberrynails.net I started selling Jamberry because we needed some extra income, but also because I wanted to earn free nail wraps! :) So far, I am doing great with this new adventure, and it has allowed us to have a little extra spending cash as a family!
Sorry for such a long post, but I had to play catch-up! My goal is to try to post once a week or at least every other week! I'll do my best to stick to this goal, but like I mentioned in the beginning... LIFE HAPPENS! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment